It is me from discord m8
A Dying City LD40 version
A downloadable game for Windows
A game about balancing money, crime, and power. Made for Ludum Dare 40
You are the police chief looking over a map of the city. You are paid periodically by the government but it's not enough. To earn money you'll have to strike up deals with the mob, but will it be worth the extra crime in the area?
Your goal is to keep the city safe for as long as you can.
How to play?
Each turn crime rises in the sectors, you also get payed. You can look at the sector info by clicking on or near the dot in the middle. From there you can see all the sector's information, you can also choose which actions to perform in each sector.
- Do nothing: This costs you nothing but leaves a chance for the crime rates to increase in the sector
- Cut a deal: Government funding is slim, so instead you can make a deal with the mob in that area for some money. This will get you a moderate sum of extra cash but will also increase crime.
- Fight crime: You can spend some money to lower the crime levels in the sector and maybe even the crime rate.
- Increase Police Presence: The only hope you have of successfully eradicating crime are with more police. The more police you have in a sector the more effectively you can fight crime. Be careful though this costs a good chunk of money.
Each turn you may perform an action in each sector so long as you have the resources to do so. Once you're happy with your selected actions you can end the turn and everything will be applied.
If your public approval or money hit 0 then you have one turn to fix it before you lose.
I had realized that I wanted to completely remake this game just a few hours before the compo ended. Of course even if I had decided to try and redo it for the compo I wouldn’t have finished it in time.
If you’re one of the people who did want to see this further developed feel free to follow me, as I’m going to completely remake the game using all the feedback I’ve gotten and what I learned while making the original. I hope to have updates available soon. I don’t know when I’ll have a playable build out, hopefully in a week or two.
Here's the page for the remake. I'll be posting devlogs here for those who are interested. I'd considered doing it on the ld40 version's itch page but I figured I'd just make a new one now.
Download the game and place it where you want it. Then rightclick and unzip it. To run it just double click the .exe
- Created new page for A Dying City RemakeDec 11, 2017
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.